Thursday, December 20, 2012

Best Books of 2012

I read so many amazing books this year--I reached a total of _ books for the whole year, and since I tend to put down books I don't like, that's a lot of good books. But there were a few who rose above as new favorites, and here they are. The top three books I loved best in 2012:

Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan

I don't normally read a lot of nonfiction but oh my God, this book is amazing. I flew through it, shocked and enthralled by what was happening and in the back of my mind I kept thinking, "oh my God this is a true story, this really happened!" It's incredible. Susannah Cahalan is my new hero.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn




So everyone has heard of this book by now, and it deserves the attention. The alternating POVs are incredible--they're both so real and authentic and I loved them equally. And by chapter 3 I was hooked and I knew I wouldn't be putting the book down until I was done. I desperately want to write a book this intelligent some day.

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

I love this book. It's beautiful, it's engrossing, it's swoonworthy, and it's not quite like anything else. It's one of those books that I read and wished the world was real and these characters were real. I want to go to their town and be their friend.


3 comments:

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Gone Girl has been on my TBR list, I may have to add the others! Thanks for the recommendations. :)

Anonymous said...

When you consider the meaning of the word love, installing comparison to its a romantic association utilizing an additional, nonetheless for a sensation that is engendered for those who have miltchmonkey an improved romance yourself also , or even just for a a sense more significant oneness with the family or perhaps human beings ( space ) this becomes far more crystal clear that anybody is seeking in your life is usually really enjoy.

Kızlık zarı said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger