Monday, January 27, 2014

Congrats Brooks!

You may have seen the announcement, but Brooks Sherman is getting Bent. That is, today is his first day as part of the Bent Agency.



I'm fortunate enough to call Brooks my friend and he was actually my first reader on Unraveling way back in the day before I ever thought I'd be published. In fact, you can blame him for setting all this into motion.

A group of us went to lunch at Resto to celebrate his move.




I got all bundled up for the trek to the east side.


This was my first time at Resto which is a lovely favorite lunch place of the Brooks.






Once there, we toasted with the Sharkly Janet Reid who set up this celebratory lunch. She and Brooks both ordered Belgian Hungover Pasta (she's behind the napkin).



This, I think, was the winningest entree if you will. I stole a few bites of several of these entrees and I admit I'm a little jealous I didn't order the pasta.

The talented Jeff Somers (I just ordered his novel, Chum, because I am beyond excited to read it) sat next to Joanna and ordered a caesar salad and a grilled cheese.




Joanna had a kale salad and beef tartare.



Next to me, Dan Krokos had a burger and I went for the tuna sandwich, which was surprisingly spicy, but in a good way.




At the end of lunch we all went for coffee (americano) or tea (earl grey--this was me). Then we split the flourless chocolate cake (except for Janet who prefers her chocolate cake with flour). It was good, though it had peaches soaked in some kind of alcohol, which was a bit of a surprise!







It was a great lunch--and a long one--a perfect send off for Brooks. Before heading getting all bundled up again, we hugged it out.

Brooks is an awesome person, a talented agent, with pretty great taste in my opinion (of course, I'm biased), and I wish him so many great things at the Bent Agency. And if you know any querying writers, point them in his direction!

To Brooks!



3 comments:

Guilie Castillo said...

Love the photography. You captured a sense of warmth that has nothing to do (says I, based on the bundling-up pic) with the weather. Sounds like it was a great lunch. And yes, one of these days I'm going to query Brooks. That MS, though, isn't quite where it needs to be yet. In the meantime I'll just stalk you all.

Tez Miller said...

Team Pasta ;-)

elizabeth norris said...

aw, thanks Guilie. :)
And yeah, I'm still going to have to go back for the pasta.

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger