They were so delicious and it was so much fun, I decided it would be a great excuse to have some friends over.
Okay, now here's the truth, making cakepops is pretty time-consuming.
To make 24 Cake Pops you will need:
- Boxed cake mix (I think Duncan Hines works best)
- 9" x 13" cake pan
- Ready-made Frosting (regular is best, not whipped)
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Paper Towel
- Candy Melter (a double boiler or a deep microwavable bowl will work too)
- Sticks (4" or 6" are better)
- Foam Board or a CakePop Stand
- Candy Melts
- Decorations (colored sugar, sprinkles, crushed cookies, etc)
Step 1: The Cake
You want to make the cake as directed with one exception. You only want to use 1/4 cup oil, no matter what the instructions say. The more oil in the cake, the more likely the cake pops will leak.
When the cake has cooled, put it in a large tupperware for a few hours (or overnight if you have the time).
Since I was going to want more than 24 cakepops, I made more cakes. I baked them on Friday so they'd be all ready on Saturday.
Even the dogs had a treat.